Monday, December 29, 2014

Life Lately (Christmas 2014)

Happy late Christmas and early New Years! Things have been go, go, go this month and I've barely had a minute to sit down and catch up. I finished my last Fall quarter (scary thought!) with a few festive events and holiday get togethers, in between working on final papers and projects.
CKI Meeting with Monica :) 
Celestial Seasonings Peppermint Tea Cupcakes. SO good! 
Almost done with Fall Quarter! 
Our school mascot in its natural habitat 

There's always lots to do during these short stints away from school (dentist visits, doctors appointments, old friends to see, kids to spend time with etc.) so it's been busy, but very rejuvenating and productive.

Christmas Eve was spent at church, as per usual, and it was so nice to see some old friends from childhood. We have a tradition that's been going on for over a decade, where our youth group friends head to Denny's for "Christmas Breakfast" after the late service on Christmas Eve. Sadly, our "spot" closed down this year, so one of our youth leaders generously bought food and brought it to be enjoyed at church after the service! We got to see lots of familiar faces and catch up with our friends. I'm so grateful to Karl for finding a way to carry on the tradition, we all had a wonderful time.
Random salad, trying to stay on track over break! 
Christmas morning was very relaxed and quite pleasant. The four of us sat around opening gifts, digging through our stockings and chatting. We also talked to some of our family on the East Coast which is always a treat. I got a lot of really sweet and thoughtful gifts this year including some holiday teas from Celestial Seasonings (I have been searching high and low for these!), a new tea infuser plus two new flavors from the Republic of Tea, another favorite tea company. My dad got me a beautiful necklace with a clock face incased in a glass bubble. It reminds me of a time turner from Harry Potter! My brother also gave me a very generous Visa gift card so I could purchase my Blogilates Fit Planner for 2015. I'm super excited to check that out as soon as it gets here!
Dad in his new "driver's hat" from mom
Posing with my twin, and looking like I was the one who spent the entire night delivering presents ;) Ha!

It's really hard to selfie on an iPad (Brother, me and Mama Bear!)
Tujague has been thoroughly enjoying his time at home :)
Despite the craziness of the holidays and all the running around, this break has actually been fairly relaxing. I've been doing lots of hiking with loved ones since I have to take the dogs out for a spin at least once a day. Cricket, the "puppy" has been having the time of his life!
Our hike today, can you even see the trail?!

No comments:

Post a Comment